Thursday 27 June 2013

Exiled by Physics Kids


"I'm having physics people over." "Oh god."


I'm sitting in this little cheesecake shop that I crawl through a hole in the fence in my back yard to get to. I've got a cup of RedRose tea to my right, and the tiniest little milk pitcher beside it. They're playing an easy listening soundtrack made up of scratchy Norah Jones tracks. What I'm trying to say si that this is basically the scene where my true love would walk in the front door and I would either trip or spill something on him and it would be the most magical meet cute ever. Right?

This is probably more what I would look like...creepy. 

Not really. I'm here because my roommate is having friends over and they all work together doing physics things, and well, I feel pretty out of place around them. It's all good. I prefer my artsyness. I just figured it would be quieter here. It is. And I would have less people to beat to the bathroom. There are. 

The truth is, I'll sit here and blog until I either get bored or sore or my laptop runs out of power. Which won't be long at this rate. I won't be swept off my feet by some suave stranger or charmed by some quirky nerd. It doesn't matter. I have an awesome boyfriend. I'm just day dreaming now. 

I'm still dealing with this whole IV in my chest business. I realized as I was walking around my town today with my IV in my chest, sweat pants and flip-flops I looked like a successful code yellow (missing patient). Haha suckers. I was on my way to my infusion. 

Just imagine him with an IV in! The resemblance is uncanny.

The poor seating hostess at this cheesecake place looked rather alarmed when I showed up though. I'm always confused as to whether or not I should just tell people, to relieve their curiosity, or if I shouldn't, because people are unpredictable, and some can't even handle talking about needles. 



This brings me to the point of feeling the need to protect people from my chronic illness. That's a whole nother blog post, or several all to itself. 

So I'm just going to sit here, sip my red rose, and pretend that I'm not sad I couldn't find anyone to hang out with tonight. Sadness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment